Yes, there are rules (even though some should be self-evident) on the do’s and don’ts on Twitter. Heidi Cohen does a great job identifying them in a recent post giving you 24 guidelines. Here are just a few:
- Use a recognizable Twitter handle – keep it short and align it so it can go across several platforms.
- Brand your page – make sure your Twitter page has the same look and feel as the rest of your branding efforts.
- Twitter bio – should be there to help others figure out what you’re all about.
- Let followers know if you’re going to be increasing your tweets – an example would be going to a conference or trade show.
- Give credit where it’s due – acknowledge the originator.
- Beware of TMI (too much info) – tell what time it is, not how to build a watch.
- Pay-it-forward – contribute helpful info and re-tweet and support others without expecting anything in return.
What can you add to the list?Share this: