If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you know that I’m very high on LinkedIn as one of the best social media tools for B-to-B businesses, and it is one of the tools that is most overlooked. In March of 2011, LinkedIn passed its 100 million member. It’s currently averaging about 1 million new members a month (more than one new member per second).
I recently read an article by Heidi Cohen that outlined ways businesses can successfully use LinkedIn.
Here are some highlights:
- Position your company – Let people know you exist and what kinds of thing you do.
- Offers credibility – Position your company as a thought leader.
- Expands your contact base – of friends, business associates and prospects.
- Expands company network – The more members of your team that are on LinkedIn, the greater the exposure is for your company.
- Source for new employees – LinkedIn was originally a HR network and still is.
The key is to have a plan for your company and get as many people involved. Make sure the description of your company and what it does is the same on everyone’s pages as this helps in being found on search engines.