Blogs are a good center piece for your marketing strategy, but they are time-consuming, and if not taken seriously, will fail long before they have time to succeed.
I’ve created a list of things you need to do to ensure your blog’s success:
- Establish a niche – You have to be able to blog about something specific. This helps identify your target audience and a strategy to reach them.
- Identify possible topic categories – Based on your target audience, you should come up with several different topic categories to write on.
- Establish frequency – You can’t build a following when doing few posts a month. People who have the same passion on the subject want to be touched on a more regular basis. I find that 3 posts a week work for me and my audience.
- Keep ahead of the curve – If you’re going to do several posts a week, you don’t want to wake up on those days and HAVE to write a post. What if you get writer’s block or God forbid a customer takes up your time. I try to have a least a few weeks of posts in the can and ready to go so the pressure isn’t on.
- Identify guest bloggers – Once you’ve identified your market and your niche, you’ll be able to find other bloggers who share your passion on the subject and can offer a different perspective on a subject.
- Build links – These are important in SEO. Link to relevant sites.
- Promote your blog – That’s why it needs to be an integral part of your overall marketing program where you can leverage and promote across all mediums.
- Respond to comments on your blog – One of the main reasons for the blog is to get conversations going. What a great way to start a relationship.
- Comment on other blogs – If your comments are sincere and on point, other bloggers will check you out and start a conversation with you that might end up with you reciprocating in doing guest posts.
These are my tips. I’m sure you have others you’d like to share and I’d love to hear from you.
If you like this post, you may want to read: