It’s a new year, and before we start doing the same old thing, we should take a minute to make sure what we’re doing is getting us the results we want. Makes sense, doesn’t it? We do it in our personal lives this time of year.
I recently read a post by Heidi Cohen that did just that. Here are some highlights:
- Document your content marketing strategy – only 35% have a written plan that they can share with their team.
- Know who you’re talking to – create personas to reach each of your targeted audiences.
- Get other employees involved – both in creating and distributing content.
- Expand your visual content – people like pictures and there are several options to help you deliver them.
- Incorporate video into the mix – next to Google, YouTube is the most searched. Show your prospects why your product is better.
- Get your audiences involved – ask them to share images or rate your product.
Heidi has others, but the point is, take a few minutes to evaluate what you did last year and improve on it this year. Make 2015 a good one.