Business has changed. Are you keeping up with the best practices to keep you ahead of the curve? A study by IBM stressed that we will see more changes that will impact our businesses in the next 5 years than in the last 50!
These changes aren’t about technology of social media, but about how businesses adapt to their audiences. The new era is one of open communications and real-time online participation.
Jay Baer and Amber Nashlund co-authors of The NOW Revolution do a great job in simplifying the steps a company needs to change its culture to deal with the current business climate.
The book introduces 7 key shifts that business leaders need to address along with laying out a plan for each.
- Strip away silos and overgrown business processes
- Hire and empower a new type of employee
- Organize internal teams for maximum external impact
- Listen at the point of need
- Travel the Humanization Highway and respond effectively to customer inquiries
- Plan for, find, and manage real-time crisis
- Redesign success metrics in a business world that’s increasingly instantaneous
If you’re serious about social media and how it’s impacting your business now and in the future, you need to read this book.