Your company’s blog can become the “Gateway” to introduce your company and its products/services to prospective customers. Here are some best practice tips that will help you generate serious traffic to your blog:
- Post titles – Choose key phrases that you can dominate in Google by using them consistently.
- Posts need to be scannable – Tradesmen, like everyone else, will scan a post if the headline catches their attention to see if they should spend the time reading it. Highlight quotes, break up paragraphs, bold key phrases and use bullet points or numbered lists.
- Two kinds of posts – Original content and resources content. Try to do at least one original content a week. The balance can be resources you’ve found. You want your blog to be the “go-to” resource for info and that doesn’t mean it all has to be original.
- Lead with a benefit – Always provide a “benefit” or as I call it, a “golden nugget.” This helps engage the reader to continue on.
- Make your posts look good – You don’t have to be a graphic artist, but posts should look appealing to read. Try when possible to put in an interesting graphic.
- Engage your audience – Ask for feedback on what they are doing.
- Write from a position of expertise – Share info, but remember one of your primary objectives in doing a blog is to become known as a thought leader.
- Post on a regular basis – Do posts at least 3 times a week and ideally 5. You want to continually engage and inform your target audience. But don’t write for the sake of writing. Make sure there’s something of value to share.
What other ways are you making sure you get the most out of your posts?