Webinars are a way to leverage the Internet and are becoming a more acceptable way of communicating to both existing as well as new customers. We use them to promote new products and services, as well as present industry events and overviews. Many of our clients also use them for training.
When doing webinars, make sure you capitalize on using e-mails to get your message out. Here are a few tips:
- Invitation – Make it easy for people to opt-in and link to register. Make sure you don’t forget the basics like date and time.
- KIS-Keep It Simple – Tell them what’s in it for them up front. Highlight the speaker(s) credentials.
- Testimonials – If you’ve done the webinar before, get a quote from an attendee that can be used in the invite.
- Send reminders – It usually takes several touches to get people to sign up. Change the subject line and first paragraph.
- Capture webinar – Turn it into a webcast on your site.
- Follow up – Make sure you send attendees a follow-up survey to see how you did. This is a great way to improve for the next time.
What are some things you do to make sure your webinars are a success?