Sometimes as marketers we tend to gravitate to the newest or hottest thing out there to give it a try. What I might suggest we all do is go back to some basics like email marketing. This is a proven method of communicating with both existing and potential customers.
Lauren Fisher from eMarketer recently did some benchmarking on email marketing which included key data, trends and metrics. Here are some highlights:
- Emails are increasingly accessed by mobile devices.
- Personalization using triggered emails are increasing.
- Daily email use is higher among mobile phone users.
- There are over 546 million mobile email users in 2012. That number will triple by 2016.
- USA mobile users are estimated at nearly 116 million users.
- Nearly 33% of all emails are opened on a mobile device.
- Internet users still trust email messaging.
- Less that 22% of marketers are optimizing their emails for mobile devices.