Your blog should be the centerpiece of your marketing efforts, so it stands to reason that you need to promote as much traffic to it as you can. I recently read a post on Problogger from Blogstash that outlined 65 ways to improve your traffic.
So here are some of my favorite ones:
- Interview an expert or industry leader in your field and then post it on your blog.
- Guest posts, there are certainly others in your space. Talk to them and see if they would be willing to do a post. Who knows, they may ask you to reciprocate.
- Find interesting posts others have done and write a post about it and link to their site.
- Go to YouTube and find relevant videos and make comments on with a link back to your blog.
- Build a Wiki page for your blog using a non-promoting post.
- Write list posts like this one. People seem to like them.
- Publish your posts on Wikipedia.
- Make sure you post on your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn) a brief description and link to your site.
I have found that Twitter and the groups that I belong to on LinkedIn generate more traffic to my blog than any other source.
A suggestion would be to take a few of these, implement them and see how they work for you.