If you’re reading this, chances are you are somewhat active with social media. At least you’re testing the waters to see what’s out there. I find it laughable the excuses I hear for not wanting to participate from our customers, i.e. they don’t use it thinking social media is for young people.
If you’re still one of those that aren’t sure, please consider this:
- Social media is here to stay. Facebook, for example, has added 100 million users in 9 months.
- Social media can be measured. Marketing folks have got to love that.
- Social media is relatively inexpensive. The biggest investment will be in time.
So here’s a challenge for those who might still be on the fence:
- Step out of your comfort zone.
- You need to try it – it won’t break!
- If you make a mistake, the audience for the most part is understanding.
- If you need help, there is plenty of it out there.