Sure you’ve heard it before that content is king, but what does that really mean? It’s more than a posting on Facebook or your lates blog post. It’s a long-term commitiment to your brand and what it stands for.
Everything you do should reflect your company’s core points of differentiation. I recently read a post by John Jantsch, author of Duct Tape Marketing, called 5 Types of Content That Every Business Must Employ that I thought made several good points. Among them:
- Build trust – content builds a bridge between awareness and trust.
- Educate – content creates awareness and will make the prospect want to learn more.
- Get customers involved – build loyalty and community and let’s face it, you don’t have all the answers.
- Filtering and aggregating information – you need to be recognized as a go-to source for information; it doesn’t mean it all has to be original.
- Convert prospects into buyers – this is the ultimate goal and great content will help you in this process.
How are you using content to meet your marketing goals?Share this: