Social media continues to grow to no one’s surprise, and both B-to-B and B-to-C are utilizing this medium at a higher rate than ever before.
Different industries are adopting social at different rates and many haven’t positioned it as one of their top priorities to reach their customers.
I recently read a post by Amy Porterfield from Social Media Examiner, 3 New Studies Prove Social Media Marketing Growth that has some interesting information, a lot of which can relate to those of us trying to reach the professional tradesmen.
Here are some highlights:
Small business doubles social media adoption – from 12 to 24%, and 20% are actively using social media as part of their business strategy.
- 75% have a company page on a social networking site
- 69% post status updates or articles of interest on social media sites
- 57% build a network through a site such as LinkedIn
- 54% monitor feedback about the business
- 39% maintain a blog
- 26% tweet about areas of expertise
- 16% use Twitter as a service channel
Nearly 20% of marketing dollars will go to social over the next 5 years.
- Currently businesses allocate approximately 6% to social
- Next year, they expect to increase it to 10%
- And 18% over the next 5 years
A top goal of marketers: Master social media.
- Top challenge is to identify ROI
- 72% of companies are planning social initiatives in 2010
- Most initiatives will be done internally
- When selecting a vendor for social media, they look for those who influence over a target market and have networks already established
So what are your thoughts? Does your company fit any of these profiles? What are you doing new in social for 2010?
If you like this post, please share with a friend.