With all the “noise” around you in the sea of posts, how do you stand out in the crowd? In a crowded marketplace, your “Brand” is what will make you stand apart from the other fish. Your brand involves the look and feel of your blog, the style in which it is written, the emotion and tone all are part of your Brand. Here are 5 tips that might help you differentiate yourself:
- Find a niche – Most successful blog including this one identifies a specific market or expertise that they build upon.
- Design page to be unique – Have a consistent look and feel and make the site easy to navigate.
- Define and refine a writing style – Be yourself. Make your comments conversational and consistent.
- Take a fresh approach – Look at the issue possibly through another angle or perspective.
- Quality over quantity – Make sure you post good stuff, not a lot of stuff. Remember, your brand is about your expertise.
These are some of the ways I try to stand out. What kinds of things do you do?
Here are some other posts that might be of interest: