I keep reminding folks that other than disseminating good information, the #1 goal in my mind is to identify and engage in a conversation with either a customer or potential.
Questions are a great way to give your readers a sense of belonging to a community.
People who have this sense tend to come back for more since they feel a part of your blog. Reader responses give you a gage on your topics as to their relevance and gives you content for future follow-up posts.
I read a post recently from Darren Rowse, Ask a question: 10 reasons why questions work & 12 tips on how to ask them, that gives a good overview. Here are 7 of the top tips:
- Keep your questions relevant to the topic.
- Ask questions that builds on a previous post.
- Ask questions readers will want to know the answer to.
- Give them some options to get the discussion going.
- Use a poll tool to give readers a vote.
- Ask some controversial questions.
- Be willing to share your answer.
Questions initiate conversations, so what do you think?