A professional tradesman worth his salt, whether he’s an electrician, plumber, HVAC technician or a MRO specialist, doesn’t have a million answers on how to solve problems.
Why not ask the right questions and get engaged in a conversation?
After all, isn’t that what social media is all about — ENGAGEMENT!
One of the biggest benefits of social media is the ability to put something out there (the universe) and let those to whom it applies to identify themselves as users. Where could you corral that much experience in one place and then get input from them (it’s like shooting fish in a barrel).
This beats traditional focus groups hands down. You get a quick, more honest feedback from a broader section of your target audience.
Here are 5 reasons to ask Tradesmen questions:
- New application– You may have a new tool or application that you want to get feed back on.
- New product- what better place to do some real beta testing to see if you’re hitting all the right points with the user.
- Quick tips– ask for theirs and you will be inundated with ideas.
- Identify new uses for products– it would sometime amaze you how these guys are using your product(not according to instruction manual).
- Market research. use polls and surveys to collect valuable marketing info on the product,its applications and the competitors!
When was the last time you talked to a tradesman who didn’t want to tell you about something? Why not ask?