By John Sonnhalter, Rainmaker Journeyman at Sonnhalter
If you’re using social media, your objective is to connect with your target audience. In order to do that, you need to talk in non-business terms instead of connecting on a human level.
Hopefully you’re not taking your existing marketing material and repackaging it into social. The best way to connect with prospects is through story telling. You can still get your message across without the hard sell.
- Show a sense of humor – you can share information and make it fun
- Use everyday language – don’t speak industry jargon
- Engage in conversation – a small gesture like thanking someone for a retweet goes a long way.
- Acknowledge mistakes – owning up to a mistake shows not only that you’re human, but it also builds long-term credibility by admitting it.
- Sign your posts – it puts a human face to your brand.
- Provide solutions – shows you understand their pain points.
What are your thoughts? Have you tried any of these? What are you doing to humanize your brand?