B-to-B purchases are usually more complex and the selling cycles are longer with multiple decision makers in the mix.
I recently read a post by Heidi Cohen, B2B Purchase Process 2014: What You Need to Know, that highlights findings from the DemandGen’s 2014 B2B buyers behavior survey.
Here are some points of interest that would relate to Manufacturers:
- Purchasing process teamwork – 55% include 1-3 people and 37% include 4-7 people.
- 72% use social for research – they are looking for recommendations, expert advice and connecting with potential suppliers.
- They’re not looking for information, but quality content.
- 46% of buyers use search engines to start their purchasing process.
- 37% ranked white papers and infographics on manufacturers’ websites to be the most important info.
So based on these stats, what are you doing to make sure you’re being found and considered?