Are You Using Videos to Connect with the Professional Tradesman?
By John Sonnhalter, Rainmaker Journeyman, Sonnhalter
Short videos are ideal for social media and for you to gain reach and shares.
As a manufacturer, are you capitalizing on this powerful tool to disperse your message? You don’t need a “Hollywood” production. As a matter of a fact, the ones done on a mobile phone would do just fine. We’ve done “man on the street” interviews with contractors at will-call counters and on job sites asking their opinions on tools and other products.
Did you know – Videos convey more info per minute than any other media and 65% of the public like to learn via videos.
In my opinion, you’re better off making a series of very short videos (keep each to one thought or idea). Ideally under 2 minutes is what I tell folks to shoot at. Below is an example of one of a series of videos we have done.
Here are some thoughts on content.
- Focus on a problem your customer might have from their perspective (what happened if the problem isn’t resolved?)
- Provide tips to solve it.
- Utilize the video medium to show examples or illustrate a solution. Here’s your chance to be creative.
- Make sure they know your company has the solution to solve their problem.
Donna Moritz did a recent post in Social Media Examiner that talks about 6 ways to use short videos in social marketing. Here are some highlights:
- How to video – solve a problem.
- Highlight your skills – what better way to get your value proposition out there.
- Showcase an event – trade show, association event or new product intro.
- Go behind the scenes – give the viewer some insights of your company that they normally wouldn’t see.
She also outlines 10 tools you can use to create and edit short videos.
The bottom line is, use video in your marketing efforts.