By Sandy Bucher, Media Engineer, Sonnhalter
I receive many marketing tip email newsletters, and recently received The Industrial Marketer, a newsletter from ThomasNet rpm. In this newsletter, Derek Yi Yang of ThomasNet rpm discusses how having an effective subject line increases the chances of your email getting opened, and read.
Here are the 5 tips:
- Don’t use capital letters – may increase the chance of your email getting caught in spam filters
- Make lists – people seem to prefer emails in list format – probably because they know it’ll be a quick read
- Personalize the message – use the recipient’s name, location or current event in the subject line
- Time-sensitive offer – creating a sense of urgency can increase open and click rates
- Short and to the point – make it a quick read and enticing enough for your readers to open and read
Keep these tips in mind next time you’re composing your next marketing email. And be sure to click on the link above to read Derek’s post for examples of the 5 tips.