By Rachel Kerstetter, PR Architect
The Fourth of July is more than fireworks, parades, cookouts and a day off. It’s a day that we recognize our country’s independence.
All of the red, white and blue that comes out for Independence Day brings the topic of “Made in the USA” to mind.
Did you know…
- Every $1 spent in manufacturing contributes $1.40 to the economy? This is the highest multiplier effect of any economic sector.
- The majority of manufacturing companies in the U.S. are small? Only 1.4% of firms in the manufacturing sector have more than 500 employees.
- Manufacturing supports 18.4 million U.S. jobs? That’s about 1 in 6 private-sector jobs.
- In 2014, the average manufacturing employee made $79,533? That’s more than $15,000 above the national average for all industries.
- Over the past 25 years, U.S.-manufactured goods exports more than quadrupled?
- Taken alone, manufacturing in the U.S. would be the 9th largest world economy?
These stats came from NAM (the National Association of Manufacturers). You can find these and other facts about U.S. manufacturing on their website.
If you’re also thinking about U.S. Manufacturing today, check out these other posts on the topic:
Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!