By Sandy Bucher, Media Engineer, Sonnhalter
Digital display advertising is one way to drive traffic to your booth at a trade show. Depending on the size and location of the trade show you’re exhibiting at, the venue may offer this option. A client of ours recently took advantage of this opportunity at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The digital display ads appear on various screens located throughout the venue, usually near the high traffic areas such as main lobbies and secondary lobbies, entrances to meeting rooms, near the info desk or near escalators.
Here are some tips when creating your digital display ads to get the best effect:
- Make the Text Big – designs should be simple, clear and easy to read
- Use Bold, Non-Serif Fonts – avoid decorative or serif fonts
- One Message – don’t present a complicated message or numerous images
- Use Bright, Bold Colors – and design with high contrast
- Lose the White Space – increase your logo, font sizes and images
- Be Short and Sweet – your ad will appear for a few seconds each time, so you want it to be a quick read
- Booth Number – be sure to add it to the ad so people know where to go
Enforce your brand, showcase a new product, offer a giveaway – digital display ads can get your message into the minds of the trade show attendees to get them into your booth where you want them.