By John Sonnhalter, Rainmaker Journeyman at Sonnhalter
LinkedIn by far is the best tool for B-to-B users in my opinion. It’s easy to use and the networking options are almost limitless. I’ll assume most of you are on it, but when was the last time you refreshed it?
The 2015 Social Media industry report from Social Media Examiner said 88% of B-to-B companies use LinkedIn and 41% cite it was their most important platform.
Here are some highlights:
- Review your company page – What, you don’t have one? Better get going on creating one. Keep it up to date with current news. Consider changing the images frequently during the year.
- Review results of posts – Track links that drive visitors to your blog or website so you can better understand what’s driving engagement.
- Add relevant showcase pages – Create topical pages of areas of interest to your customers. It’s a great way to segment your audiences and post content relevant to them.
- Employee lunch and learn – While we can’t force folks to promote the company, we can certainly encourage them to do so by buying them lunch to explain why and show them what they could do would be helpful. By providing them a standard 2 or 3 sentence description of the company, it will help search results for the company as well.
- Create a Slideshare deck for employee profiles – create a short deck describing your company. Your employees can add it to their profiles.
If you like this post, you may want to read: