Even though the economy appears to be improving, corporate hiring is not reflecting it and we are all challenged to do more with less. That’s bad enough, but new things keep getting put on the “stack of stuff” you need to do.
Content Overload! It’s not just in the everyday workload of getting stuff done, but in all the new options of delivering your great content that needs to be reviewed to see if it’s appropriate for your audiences.
Here are a few things I do that might help you cope with all your marketing challenges.
- Prioritize – You and your team can only do so much. Focus on the things that will get short-term results.
- Focus on your USP – Focus on delivering your unique selling proposition to your target audience, whether it’s current customers or potentials.
- Focus on your target audience – Have you ever asked your customers how they preferred, not only to be contacted by you, but how they get new info? This certainly will help you focus on those avenues.
- Be realistic with expectations – Don’t over promise and under deliver. Better to do less, but do it right.
- Be consistent – In both messaging and points of contact.
- ROI – Monitor what you’re doing so you can focus on what’s working and what is bringing in results.
Hopefully these will give you some insight. What are you doing to deal with the overload?