Now that the holidays are behind us and we’re all getting back to reality, I thought I’d share some thoughts on what we’re going to do to create better content this year. I was inspired by a post my friend Joe Pulizzi wrote, 42 Content Marketing Ideas for 2013. Thanks Joe for the inspiration!
Top 10 things I’m going to try to do this year to have better content:
- Less content will mean more impact – make content more meaningful.
- Find at least 3 other thought leaders in your company – build them into your plan.
- Develop a list of the top 100 questions coming from your customers – then write to them.
- Sit down with every salesperson and ask them what their customers biggest pain points are – then address them.
- Define your most targeted audience and consider doing a targeted print publication.
- Assign someone to slide share to figure out how we can get the most out of it.
- Make sure every content marketing landing page has only one call to action.
- Develop a series of stories for your industry on an aspect no one has covered before – what better way of becoming a thought leader.
- Double the number of email subscribers to your blog.
- Commission a piece of research that is important to your audience.
Those are going to be my goals for 2013; what are yours?