Time, or the lack thereof, can influence the quality of not only content, but also continuity of your post. We need to remember the reason why we’re doing a blog in the first place – generating exposure, thought leadership and potential customers.
- Get up early – I find this is a great way to start the day. It’s quiet and your mind is clear.
- Write at lunch – Brown bag it and get away from the office (and all the distractions) and write a post on a nearby park bench.
- Stay up late – This one doesn’t work for me as I’m not a night owl, but I know plenty of people who do their best work in the dark (no pun intended).
- Utilize apps and shortcuts – use your mobile device to snap a photo and upload images. Take advantage of WordPress features to streamline posting.
- Get some help – find others within the organization to write or go out and hire outside writers.
- Accept guest posts – I’m sure there are like-minded people out there that you admire and respect that can give a different perspective on issues that are near and dear to you.
What are you doing to find time?