An overwhelming majority (88%) of marketers say they are using some form of social media to market their business, though 72% of those using it say they have only been at it a few months or less, according to a social media study by Michael Stelzner, sponsored by the upcoming Social Media Success Summit 2009.
- The #1 benefit of social media marketing is gaining more attention for their business.
- Improving traffic and growing marketing lists is second.
- More than 50% said a major benefit was a rise in search engine rankings.
- 88% of marketers are employing some form of social media.
- 90% of business owners are most likely to use social media.
- 72% say they just started using social media
What does all of this mean for the B-to-B marketer? It means if you aren’t already on the bus, you’d better get on soon!